Friday, January 30, 2009

Caesar Dressing and Salad



SO it's been a while since I've posted, but thanks to my friend, Wendy, for asking me for new recipes, this is for her! :)

Caesar Dressing


1C raw sunflower seeds, ground fine
1 lemon, juiced
3-4 cloves of garlic
1/2-1t of sea salt
1T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/3C water

Mix in magic bullet or blender. I used half on the salad and saved the other half for later....store it in a glass or plastic container in the fridge for several days. This also makes a great dip, just use a little less water.

For the salad, you can use any combo you want, here's what I threw together today. A lot of times I also add an avocado or use some red onion.

Salad (serves 2)
1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped or torn
3 roma tomatoes, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
Add 1/2 of dressing above and toss and serve

Enjoy

2 comments:

Danielle said...

This one sounds yummy! Surprising coming from me!

Unknown said...

LOL...let me know if you try it! Definately a favorite!! I made enough to dip carrots in tonight! :)