Thursday, November 13, 2008

Spicy Thai Peanut Dressing and Salad

This dressing is AMAZING!!! I may change some of the ingredients slightly the next time I make it (I would have used some slightly different ones if I had them in the house) but it tastes pretty amazing the way it is! I thought about putting heavenly in the title!

1/2C Peanut Butter (all natural with no additives, I get mine at whole foods where you crush it right there)
1/3C extra virgin olive oil
1/4C lemon juice (approx 1 small lemon or 1/2 of a larger one juiced)
3T water
2T toasted sesame oil
1T Maple Syrup (real maple syrup NOT maple flavored syrup)
2 cloves of garlic
1/4t cayenne pepper

Blend in a food processor or magic bullet or blender. Be careful not to over blend because the dressing will get hot.

Makes approximately 1 1/2C of dressing


Suggestions for salad (feel free to add to or change it up, these are just two that I made based on what I had in the house):

Salad 1
slice or shred a head of cabbage
shred 3-4 carrots
1 diced avocado
1/4C pine nuts or unsalted peanuts


Salad 2
spring mix
1/2 red onion chopped
1 diced avocado

No comments: