Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Road Back to Health - Week 5 of Candida Cleanse


(again sorry for the poor picture quality)

Okay, I'm a really bad blogger! There I said it and I'll move on.

After week one, I continued doing the Bentonite Clay and Fibre and broth and adding in eating a small raw meal once or  a day for about a week or so. I took a 7 day Ultimate Flora Critical Care 200 Billion by Renew Life and then switched to a Raw Probiotic Ultimate Care 100 Billion by Garden of Life. What I didn't realize what that the Raw Probiotic had dairy in it, YES, I'm ALLERGIC! I didn't really seem to notice too much of a reaction, so I tried doubling the probiotic to finish it.....needless to say STUPID move. I felt HORRIBLE, super exhausted, back to napping and sleeping a whole lot. Only took me two weeks, but I finally bought a new one. I'm currently taking Ultimate Flora Critical Colon 80 Billion by Renew Life. Trying to find a probiotic that is dairy-free, soy-free, corn-free, vegan, and gluten-free was a challenge. I spent a lot of time looking at ALL the ingredients and asking around. A friend of mine recommended the Ultimate Flora, she suffers from an autoimmune disorder and said that is what her Natropath Doctor recommended. For anti-fungals, I'm taking extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil, garlic, and pumpkin seeds.

In week two, I developed a rash on my back, which stuck around for a little over a week. I've had a few headaches, but other then that and the fatigue (which I'd mostly relate to the allergic reaction), the candida die-off has not been bad.

Honestly, I am not missing the sugar in the fruits or carby vegetables, like carrots, potatoes, etc, at all. I will say that I did make a couple of BAD choices, which hasn't helped the progress, but I'm OVERCOMING temptation! I do have some new recipes, just need to sit down and typed them up. Last weekend, I made raw vegan veggie burgers and we are still munching on them. I also made flax crackers, which made for a nice 'bun' for the burgers. My biggest issue is sometimes I lack creativity or motivation to come up with something new. And without transportation or finances (at time) the ability to go to the store when I need something.

Oh, I almost forgot, when I started this five weeks ago, I also began Oil Pulling! I know it sounds crazy, but I went to get by teeth cleaned last week by a friend in Dental Hygienist School at Sanford Brown and let's just say, I am a FIRM believer in Oil Pulling. Even after just a few weeks, it's made a huge difference. I'll save that for another post, so keep watch. I will say that since it is a school, they were extremely thorough. It was two visits, 2.5 hours the first time and about 5 the second. Mostly because you have to wait to be checked and she did a couple competencies on me as well.

Let me take a minute and be honest with you.......when I measured, I could see that the numbers had dropped and I can actually feel that I've lost, however when I added them up, I only came to a total of 10 inches, which is only 1.5 since the last time. I even added twice, same number, I was a little disappointed, after all I would LOVE to fit back into clothes I was wearing only four months ago. So I re-added and this makes a little more sense. :)

Bottom line, I'm feeling better and having more energy.


SO here's the the inches lost since beginning:

Shoulders  - 1.5"
Chest  - 5.5"
Waist  - 3.5"
Hips  - 1.5"
Thigh  - 1"
Arms  - 0"

Total LOST = 13" (4.5" since last post)




Here's a side by side comparison from the last post and today! 

Week 2
Week 5


(p.s. We do not have a scale and I haven't been somewhere to weigh myself, but will next time I have the opportunity)

I would love to hear from you. Please post any comments or feedback. You can also email me at mailfontaine@yahoo.com.

No comments: